Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Changes in the Ways of Entertainment

In recent years, it is no doubt that the most significant technological development for the evolution of the media industry is the rise of the internet. The internet has changed how media is consumed and has created entirely new sectors and platforms for mainstream entertainment.

From my experience, I lie attend live concert of Chinese orchestra.  And I am the follower of Hong Kong Chinese Orchestra. Three months ago, I found two clips of the orchestra on YouTube. They are not the promotional clips and they are not the extract of a song.  Those clips are so called the “Online Concert”, in which a song is performed through the internet and act as another channel of promoting Chinese music. I was shocked because I love enjoy the music in a concert hall. I don’t think people can really enjoy the good music through the internet. But it is obvious that the online concert can cater some people’s needs.

Another example is that the New York Times has a channel on YouTube. Likewise, in China, the most popular website is Baidu, a Chinese language portal that offers a plethora of services such as searching, multimedia content and social networking. I always use this site to watch TV series and movies. It really brings tons of conveniences to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment